July 17, 2015/Thunder Bay - Five Million Dollar Shootout finalists will be competing for the final prize Saturday at Whitewater Golf Club. Following official play in the early evening (dependant on weather) five finalists will test their skill and accuracy on the 18th green.
Two months ago, regional qualifiers began at golf courses as far west as Kenora and east as Marathon. More than 400 golfers competed with one official qualifier from each area. The five that will compete Saturday include:
1. Mike Shephard – qualified from Beauty Bay GC in Kenora
2. Jeff Koski – qualified from Kenogamisis GC in Geraldton
3. Jordan O'Connor – qualified from Manitouwadge Golf Club in Manitouwadge
4. John Boorman – qualified from Fort William Country Club in Thunder Bay
5. Max Ukraine – qualified Whitewater Golf Club in Thunder Bay
The Million Dollar Shootout was organized by the Staal Family Foundation as a pre cursor to the Staal Foundation Open, Mackenzie Tour-PGA TOUR Canada event July 13-19 in Thunder Bay. This was the first year of the Shootout and organizers say it was all worth it. “We certainly are happy with this first time event. We will definitely take back some good information as we begin the planning for next year,” said Clay Charters, Executive Director of the Foundation.
The Staal Family Foundation is a not for profit organization, founded by the Staal Family, to raise funds in the support of children and families with Cancer. 2014 was its inaugural year.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Staal Family Foundation
T: (647) 280-5292