Air conditioners must function properly to maintain comfort in your home or workplace. Contact a professional as soon as you notice a problem. They can clean your air conditioner’s filter, clean the condenser coils, and prune back foliage to ensure that the air conditioner receives adequate airflow. This post on furnace repair will be able to lead you to a reliable HVAC company at the right time. Find out more here about the top qualities you should look for while choosing an HVAC repair company.
When Should You Reach Out To A HVAC Repair Company?
- If your air conditioner is not providing even cooling, it is not operating efficiently.
- If the air conditioner is icing or freezing, it is recommended to have it inspected by a professional.
- If your air conditioner is not turning on, it could be due to a tripped circuit, or it could be due to corroded wiring and terminals.
- If the air conditioner cycles on and off unexpectedly or does not turn on automatically when the temperature rises, it may not be precise.
- If the air conditioner is more than five years old, it may have broken parts and need to be replaced.
- If your energy bill increases, you may want to replace your air conditioner.
- If the air conditioner no longer cools as effectively as it should, replace it with a more cost-effective model.
- If your air conditioner is not functioning properly, you should replace it.
Tips On How To Solve Furnace Issues
An ineffective furnace will struggle to heat the home. Furnace problems almost always occur in January and are most inconvenient for you. Check your gas furnace every fall to ensure that it is operating safely. It may be possible to prevent furnace breakdowns by performing seasonal maintenance or dealing with them promptly if they do occur. Preventative maintenance is the answer to furnace problems, and an annual tune-up can help prevent furnace problems from occurring. A furnace that is not operating may cause an increase in energy bills. So, an annual furnace tune-up is recommended as they can help lower your winter heating bills and prevent breakdowns. If your furnace is not providing the amount of heat you desire, you should check six items before calling a heating company.
- Check the thermostat, computer, and furnace settings to ensure that the furnace is activated.
- If your furnace is powered by natural gas, ensure the power switch is in the “ON” position.
- Gas furnaces are equipped with a pilot light, which should be kept lit always. If the light is out, contact a heating company for assistance.
- If your furnace air filter is dirty or clogged, replace it as quickly as possible. If you cannot see through the filter, replace it.
- When the furnace ignites, listen for the blower motor to start running. If you do not hear the blower motor, you need to repair the furnace.
The air conditioner stops working and furnace repairs pop up when you least expect them, so consider these factors before hiring an HVAC contractor. Heating & Air Conditioning provides furnace tune-ups and other HVAC services to homeowners through licensed technicians to ensure proper operation.